Heubach farm was first mentioned in the Chiemsee property records in 1400. The first mention of the name Seybold at the farmstead was in 1605. The Seiwald family has resided at Oberhabachhof since 1778.
The family coat-of-arms dates from 1470. In a red shield there is a large horn hanging from a tree trunk, indicating the name, courage and vigilance. The closed helmet symbolises good lineage. The horns of plenty on the helmet attest to a talent for jousting and happiness.
Before the farm was redesigned into its present form in 1969 by Josef and Maria Seiwald, the building had been used as youth hostel.
Josef Seiwald died in 1979 and so the running of the farmstead and guesthouse passed to Maria and her children, Josef, Klaus and Maria. In 1994 son Josef took over the farming side of the business. From 1997 Josef and Marlen Seiwald have run the farm and Oberhabach guesthouse.
The last major conversion took place in 2002:
•March - May: conversion of bedrooms
•May - September: stable rebuilt approx. 150m from guest area
•June - Dec.: Gradual extension of a part of the old stable block into guest and workrooms
We are proud of Feriengut Oberhabach. It is a high-grade, quality-conscious family business with 29 beds.